Before you Apply, you will need
- A copy of your Protected Persons Status Document (PPSD), which must be valid for the entire period of study. For example, if your school year ends in April 2010, your PPSD needs to be valid until at least the end of April 2010.
- You can apply for a PPSD online at www.cic.gc.ca. If you have questions about your application for your PPSD, you can contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada at 1-888-242-2100.
- A copy of your Social Insurance Number (SIN) Card showing a 900 series SIN. If you do not have a SIN card, you must get one before you can apply for student financial assistance from the Government of Canada. Like your PPSD your SIN card must be valid for the entire study period.
- If your SIN card was issued before March 30, 2003, it will not have a expiry date printed on it, this means your SIN card will automatically expire on April 3rd 2004.
- If you don't have a SIN card, or have one that will expire while you are in school, you can visit your local Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC) or contact the Social Insurance Registration office by calling 1-800-206-7218 or visit www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/sin/index.shtml